(812) 723-3905

Thacker’s Romance and Thriller Pick in a Castle

Thacker Recommends A Book
Cambry Tinkle
Click on the link to read more about “The Girl in the Castle”.

Calling all book lovers, this book, “The Girl in the Castle,” is full of romance and thrillers. I advise this for young adult readers due to the actions done. This book is full of psychology and is in first person, so you can get a whiff of what the main character is thinking!

Girl in the Castle was released and written by James Patterson and Emily Ramond. The Hachette Book Group published it on September 15, 2022. Patterson’s other works include Angle, Cross Justice, Instinct, and many more. Patterson is usually a co-author, with so many people writing thrillers and suspense novels. Speaking of co-authors, Ramond has written eight books with Patterson. Ramond is a ghostwriter; someone else gets credit for being the author when she writes a novel. The main characters are Hannah Doe and Jordan Hassan. 

On Common Sense Media, a reader review rates “The Girl in the Castle” four out of five stars. The average cost of the book is ten dollars. The book is 325 pages long. The book is about a girl, Hannah Doe, trapped between her fantasy and the real world. Hannah finds help from a hospital, and the only person who believes her fantasies is Jordan Hassan, a worker at the hospital. He later finds out what happened to Hannah to cause her these fantasies. 

One of the many reasons I suggest this book, “The Girl in the Castle,” comes to you not knowing what happens in the story. It’s also psychology, so you wouldn’t know what happens. 

The second reason I recommend this book comes down to the characters. The main character, Hannah Doe, experiences many traumatic events. Hannah also has a side character, Jordan Hassan, who works at a hospital where he meets Hannah. 

I strongly suggest this book because of how determined Hannah is to save people; in her fantasy world, she is determined to save her loved ones.

Critics from Common Sense Media who have read this book say that they don’t like that this isn’t Patterson’s usual writing style. I can’t entirely agree with this since I haven’t read any of his other books, but also, since Ramond is the one who technically wrote the book, this could be why. Some say this could be too much to handle, depending on how mature you are; this made me cry, but who doesn’t like a book that makes you cry? Another critic says this book needs a trigger warning; I agree with this. The book is also about finding light on challenges and mental disorders by letting us know how certain people with disorders think, which can be very helpful. 

You can visit Walmart, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindle Fire, and most bookstores if you want this book. I suggest the hardback version of this book because turning the page when reading a book helps me perceive the world the character is living in.