(812) 723-3905

The One by Kiera Cass

+The+One+by+Kiera+Cass.
Cambry Tinkle
The One by Kiera Cass.

The One by Kiera Cass is part of a five-book series and a movie based on the first book. This young adult book, which anyone under 13 should avoid, is about the relationship of girls who are competing for someone’s heart. 

The book The One by Kiera Cass was released on May 6, 2014. It tells the story of a group of girls competing to get the heart of a prince. Cass has written two other books: The Betrayed and The Siren. The main character, America Singer, is one of the girls competing for the prince’s attention. The prince is Maxon Schreave. The book is available on Amazon for $7.99 and rated 4.5 stars, but I would give it five stars. 

The One is a great book to read for quite a few reasons. One reason is it is a dystopian romance novel. That means it is a romance story based on the future or the future the author imagines. The One also has a lot of drama between the characters. For example, America Singer, the main character, and her main rival, Celeste Newsome, get into an argument that becomes physical. Celeste got so upset she went to the library and cried. When America enters the library to get a book, she notices Celeste crying. America went over to Celeste and talked to her. After they talked, they became best friends and got along amazingly. Finally, the last reason you should read this book is because this genre is exciting and easy to read. The story is told in American Singer’s point of view, in other words, the first person. If this sounds interesting, you will find this book fun to read. 

According to Amazon reviews, The One fell flat because they said it was too rushed, and the characters’ personalities were horrible. I can’t entirely agree with this for more than one reason. You don’t see the whole character if you don’t like the characters, mainly because of their mistakes. If you continue to look at their mistakes, of course, you aren’t going to like them, but you have to look at their actual intentions and personality to see what kind of person they are. The story is also the correct amount of time. Yes, it was abrupt, but it made sense and was easy to follow.