Paolite Issue 4 Cover
Paolite Issue 4
Paolite Staff, Paolite Staff Writer • May 10, 2024
A view of the LRCC Building.
LRCC Earns Recognition
Cheyenne Hopper, Staff Writer • May 10, 2024

(812) 723-3905

Calling All Creatives

Paoli’s Got Talent to Return January 3
Staff Graphic
Paoli’s Got Talent Artwork

On Wednesday, January 3, the second PHS Talent Show will occur in the Uyesugi Auditorium. Previously, the first PHS talent show took place last school year, with 2023 graduate Wyatt Blakenship winning overall. This year, the talent show will take place on January’s half day, the first day back from break, and is open to the whole school.

To enroll in the talent show, you can participate in an individual or group performance. In addition, non-performance talents will be shown, such as painting or drawing, carving, writing, photography, or sculpture. The performance category includes talents such as singing, dancing, skits, juggling, or even impersonations. All acts must be school-appropriate and no more than five minutes long. After the show, PHS students can vote for the People’s Choice Awards, and the winner will be announced. 

U.S. History teacher Chris Lindley will be putting together and hosting the talent show and is very excited to see what the students put together.

“PHS’ Got Talent! is a wonderful opportunity to showcase some of our students’ diversity of talents. We will have performances on the stage, of course, but non-performance talents will be displayed as well. Already we have at least two entries in the non-performance arts. I was unsure going into last year’s talent show how students and staff would receive the activity as we did not have many acts. However, it was an overwhelmingly positive experience, and many students wanted me to have it again last spring. I think there is enough excitement this year that we are going to have an amazing show! We are planning to have, as we did last year, a People’s Choice Awards, but I am tentatively looking at getting some outside experts to come and actually judge it just like American Idol or America’s Got Talent,” said Lindley. 

Lindley encourages students to participate in the show for numerous reasons.

One, because it is absolutely fun! Two, putting our talents on display, whether performance or non-performance, is a way to receive and use feedback, develop more confidence and poise, and basically just push yourself out of your comfort zone. Generally, our student body is supportive of people’s efforts because everyone knows how intimidating it is to be up in front of others. Even with all the stage and emceeing experience I have had, I still often feel that intimidation. Overall, this is a really good experience, and we often learn something new about PHS people we did not know,” said Lindley.

Students interested in participating in the talent show must fill out the form sent to their email, and the deadline for submission is Monday, December 18. If students have any questions they can contact Lindley for further information.