(812) 723-3905

Warren Leaves the Shop

Seeks New Shop After Beauty School

Senior Madison Warren grew up working and learning alongside her father, Frank, also known as Frankie, in his garage. Frank’s Garage has been open since 2007. In August of 2023, Warren became formally employed at Frank’s Garage and Co-Ops out of school to work there 15 hours a week. 

Maddison Warren posing while her dad works on a car behind her. (Courtesy of Maddison Warren.

“I love spending time with Dad and getting to see what he does on a daily basis,” said Warren. 

While at the shop, Warren runs errands and does many odds-and-ends jobs, such as changing tires and oil changes.

“Trying to do paperwork has been pretty challenging for me. I’m more of a hands-on, get-it-done kind of person and paperwork is dreadful,” said Warren. 

Warren has spent countless hours in the garage since she was a baby. Her father was the person who got her interested in cars and taught her everything she knew about working on them. Not only did he teach her about car maintenance, but he also instilled a love of racing in Warren. 

Warren spends her summer days with her dad, racing the cars they work on together. While her hectic schedule throughout the school year has prohibited her from racing lately, Warren plans to get back on the track after graduation. 

“I absolutely love racing. My favorite part of racing at the Salem drag strip is going fast, the adrenaline is like nothing else!” said Warren. 

Working on cars has always been a family tradition.

Madison Warren preparing to drag race with her dad. (Courtesy of Madison Warren)

“I get to spend all of my time with my dad and papaw. Working on cars has always ran in the ‘Warren Blood’. It’s just an amazing feeling knowing I can do some of the things they can do!” said Warren.

Although Warren does not necessarily see her future self being a mechanic, she has been able to take away many different skills and experiences that will help her later on in life and in her future career as a cosmetologist, such as teamwork, time management, and handling customers.

Warren plans to attend the Tricoci University of Beauty Culture in the fall to earn her cosmetology license. After she gains her license, she will work at 5th Avenue, a salon in Bedford, Indiana.

Warren is grateful to have built such a strong bond with her father and herself while working in the garage.

“Working in the garage has taught me to stay positive no matter the circumstances. Plus, Dad has the best advice!” said Warren.