(812) 723-3905

Graham’s summer beauty tips

With the end of the school year approaching fast, excitement is part of the atmosphere; everyone is ready for summer nights, lazy days and endless amounts of free time. Some of us are even planning vacations to Florida, and other popular destination spots. I don’t know about you guys, but when I’m faced with the prospect of leaving home for a long period of time, there is one problem that I always seem to have; what do I pack?

For a beachy, tropical place like Florida, there are a few essentials that every girl should always have on hand:

1. Sunscreen, preferably something with an SPF of 15 or higher. If you have fair skin, the higher the SPF the better.
  2. Sunglasses are definitely a must for summer, but how do you choose the right pair? Based on your face shape, here is a list of options that should be right for you:

Heart shaped face: Sunglasses that draw attention downwards also add width to the lower part of your face. Larger styles work well for this, such as Ray-Bans or aviators. Avoid anything that sits high and wide.

Square shaped face: Oval or round frames work well at softening the strong features of your face, such as high cheekbones and a strong, prominent jaw.

Round Face Shape: For round faces, the goal should be to elongate the face and make it look thinner. Look for angular frames that add extra length and have upswept frames.

Oval Face Shape: Those with oval face shapes are the lucky ones; because they tend to have rather balanced proportions, they can pull off pretty much any style with ease.

1. Perfume is a definite must for summer time, but try to find something with a tropical, light scent. Floral scents tend to be sweeter, and therefore better for winter. Scents that are more fruity will be great for the summer months.
  2. Who wants to put on their full face of makeup? Let’s face it; it is the summer, we have nobody to impress, and this is the time to be lazy. So, instead of reaching for your heavy, thick foundation, go for the BB cream. This product acts as a moisturizer and foundation all in one, perfecting and protecting your face all at the same time. It is light, easy, and great for the summer time.

1. Last, but not least, one of the most important things to bring with you on your trip is a curling iron. When going to the beach, many girls may opt for the pony tail or messy bun, but I prefer to dress it up a little with a quick, easy and beachy style that doesn’t look overdone, but still has some texture; the beachy wave. To create this look, take a ¾ inch barrel curling iron and wrap the hair around it loosely without using the clamp, and hold it in place for about five to eight seconds. Do this in small or large sections, depending on the size of waves you want, all the way around your head. Once you’ve done this, bend over and play with your hair, separating them into loose and natural looking waves. If your hair has a hard time holding curls normally, then you may want to spray it lightly with a loose-hold hairspray, but otherwise you can just leave the waves as they are.

Blog by Alyson Graham