(812) 723-3905

Emma Says…

Emma Says...

“The Possession” is a new horror film out on August 31, that is rated PG-13, and runs for 92 minutes

The film stars Jeffrey Morgan, Natasha Calis and Kyra Sedgwick.

This film is about a young girl, Em (Calis) who finds a mysterious box at a yard sale. She buys and takes it back to her dad, Clyde’s (Morgan) house. Soon after she buys the box, mysterious things start happening. Em’s attitude and behavior become sour and hateful and she is constantly worried about the box. Clyde and Em’s mom, Stephanie (Sedgwick) notice this, and when they try to separate her and the box, things only get worse.

When I went and saw this film, I knew it was going to be good. I mean, what is not to like about a little girl who becomes evil because she purchased a strange box? Calis’ performance in the movie was awesome. She goes from a sweet little girl to a very hateful and sour person in just a matter of days. It was some great acting on her part. The film was also very unpredictable. Just when I thought something was going to happen, the exact opposite happened.

The only really bad thing about “The Possession” is that it was not as scary as advertised. I am not saying that it did not make me almost pee my pants, but it did not have as many scary moments as I thought it would. That made some parts boring and dull for me that could have been the best scene in the film.

“The Possession” is a great film to see if you love suspense with some horror added into the mix. It is worth the money and the time.

Review by Emma Walker