(812) 723-3905

FFA in Full Swing

SONY+DSC
SONY DSC

FFA is a nationwide club that promotes agriculture and informs people about the many careers available. Through FFA, members learn many life skills and have great opportunities presented to them.

This club is for students who are interested in agriculture and have a passion for it. In order to be an FFA member, you must be taking an Agriculture class and turn dues in by September 20.

Seventh graders have a different opportunity to get involved in FFA due to the fact that Ag classes are only offered to eighth graders and up. Seventh graders can join by participating in contests and paying dues. 

“I’m really excited about the new things this year has in store for us. I’m also really excited about the number of younger members we have and the possibility of them becoming better leaders through FFA,” said FFA Vice President Tara Robbins.

Throughout the year, the chapter competes in a variety of contests and attends different conferences. They will soon start participating in those competitions. FFA has just concluded their mum sale for the fall and their annual fruit sale will be coming next. 

For any questions about FFA, you can contact sponsors Cory Scott or Kyle Woolston at [email protected] or [email protected]. You can also contact any of the chapter officers.

Story by Elizabeth Workman