AVID students recently traveled to Hanover College to learn more about the college and celebrate the end of the year. Here is a look at their trip.
AVID Travels to Hanover
Garrett Cook, PHS News Today Floor Director • April 17, 2024
Growing Green
Growing Green
Lillian Hall, Paolite Features Editor • April 17, 2024

(812) 723-3905

Kemple and Triplett to Travel Abroad

Sophomores Anna Kemple and Skyler Triplett have exciting plans this summer.

Kemple and Triplett will be representing Paoli through the Indiana Ambassadors of Music.

The best part of being chosen? The two musicians get to travel to Europe.

This trip is a unique opportunity to see very famous and beautiful European cities and perform with a widely talented group of teenage musicians from around the state.

As any teenager would be, Kemple and Triplett are very excited to be a part of this. But despite the excitement, raising the money to travel such a distant might be a challenge.

“We are currently selling Chicago’s Pizzas. This fundraiser will end on February 17. We will also be having a garage sale and a bean dinner in the upcoming months. Skyler and I are looking into being able to perform at local establishments for donations. Continual fundraising consists of doing hired work and collecting any donations we can get. We are getting the word out as much as we can by doing interviews for newspapers and keeping people updated with our Facebook page: Fundraiser for Skyler Triplett and Anna Kemple,” said Kemple.

Kemple and Triplett are the only students representing Paoli that are going to Europe. And as far as they are acknowledged, the only ones representing Orange County.

But how does such a young musician get chosen to be a part of such an exciting opportunity? Both Kemple and Triplett had their opinions.

“I’m awesome,” said Triplett.

Apart from his humor, Triplett was nominated because he showed the displays that pleased band director, Bill Laughlin.

“Mr. Laughlin nominated students for the program based on displays of musicianship, leadership, and character. We then attended an informational meeting at Bedford North Lawrence High School, where students and parents decided if they wanted to go. Finally, we sent in applications and were lucky enough to be accepted into the program,” said Kemple on her explanation on how the two were accepted.

Along with performing at the concert with various musicians, Kemple and Triplett will also be visiting seven different countries, which explain the crazy amount of fundraising. England, France, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Italy and Germany will all be visited while they are in Europe for a total of 16 days. The two are scheduled to have a practice at Ball State on June 15 and are expected to leave for Europe on June 18. They are the only ones out of their families who are going along to Europe.

“I’m extremely excited and honored to be going on this trip,” said Kemple on her feelings.

Anyone who knows either musician knows they will do a wonderful job in Europe and they always do a great job at showing leadership, musicianship and character at Paoli High School.

Sophomore Anna Kemple

Sophomore Skyler Triplett